Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Weather is Here...

Finally, it is my favorite time of year to run.  The southern humidity is finally tolerable.  To me there is nothing worse than running when it is humid.  I have heard some people say that it is harder for them to run in the cold but, for me it is humidity.  I am hoping that I will start seeing an improvement on my vDOT with the weather cool down.
This week is week 14 of my 24 week marathon training plan.  When I was trying to decide on a training plan, I went with one from Marathon Nation.  The plan determines your paces by periodically testing your vDOT.  Most of the training runs consist of you running at different paces (long run pace, marathon pace, 1/2 pace, threshold) and builds up your endurance of running on tired muscles.  According to my current vDOT I am looking at about a 4:25-4:30 marathon finish.
Now, the hard part is learning to better manage my time.  I will always welcome any tips from you veteran mother runner's.

How do you manage your time between your career, being a wife, mother, and runner?

Has anyone done the Marathon Nation training?  If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment