Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Constant State of Paranoia

I have been living in a constant state of paranoia since this past Thursday night. Colton had a stomach bug that night. He was pitiful and I felt helpless.  Thank goodness he quickly bounced back to himself. I spent all day Friday disinfecting our home. If I could reach it, it got wiped with pin-sol or Sani-wipes. I even took the cushion covers off my couch and washed them.  I mopped and even wiped down baseboards. Seriously, you could have licked my floors they were so clean. I also spent lots of time washing my hands to try to prevent th spread of this bug. 
Saturday came along and I just didn't feel right all morning. I am thinking Iust be getting what Colton had. I was supposed to go watch my beloved #Gamecocks play but, just could not get it in gear to get ready and go.  After a while of thinking about it, I decided that I was subconsciously depressed. Saturday would have been my moms 65 birthday and it was also the 7th anniversary of my grandmother's funeral. So, after deciding that this was my problem, I began to feel better.
Sunday, I had a long run planned with a local that I found out is training for the same marathon as me. I am beyond excited to have found a potential running partner!  I was so excited to have someone to run with that I feared all day long that I was going to get hit by the stomach bug before we could go run. Well, I didn't get sick so I started to think and hope that the rest of us had dodged the bug. 
Monday was fine. We all did our Monday things. However, after we got settled for the evening, Clayton started vomiting. Boo!!  Thank goodness again, he didn't have it as bad as Colton and he also bounced back to himself within just a few hours.  
So , as I sit her tonight I keep thinking my stomach doesn't feel exactly right. Am I getting sick now?  Is it just in my head? 
I did manage to get quick tempo in tonight.  It was on the dreadmill but, it was a run. I did 2 sets of 6 minutes marathon pace, 4 minutes half marathon pace, and 2 minutes long run pace.  
Hopefully, I can out run the illness.
On the bright side, my house is pretty near spotless. If Jody and I can manage to stay well, I shouldn't have much cleaning left to do before our family Thanksgiving. 

2 comments:

  1. Ack, hope you don't get sick. I do a mad cleaning of my house when one of my kids come down with a stomach virus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the staying well wishes. So far I have made it through another day. As for the cleaning I have now totally sterilize the house twice within 72 hours. If only the laundry fairy would come put the piles of clothes away.

    ReplyDelete