Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Little PR today

I took it to the track today and had very surprising and unexpected results. With my warm up and cool down I did 4 miles in around 32 minutes. In that I did my fastest 5k to date. 
Pretty proud but it still doesn't make me look forward to track work and running without music.  I absolutely despise running with no music which I find odd. There are probably days if not full weeks that go by sometimes that I don't have the radio on iny car. So why can I drive
with no music and totally enjoy it but, can't stand to run without music. Also, I am trying this 30 day plank challenge I have been seeing posted everywhere. I am starting on day 9. I really need to work on core strength so figure this is one way to do it. 
On another note I DVR'd the NYC marathon in hopes that one day I could watch it. Well, that day is today. My husband only has to work a night shift about twice a year and tonight is one of those nights. That means the tv is ALL MINE. I never dreamed that one day I would have control of the remote and would choose to watch people run!!  My how things can change. 

How do you cope running without music?
Do you plank for core strength?
How has running changed your life or daily routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment