Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Shoe Transition

I had a great 4 mile tempo run yesterday afternoon.  Conditions were perfect!  Today is my midweek long run.  I will be doing 8 miles with a mix of long run pace and tempo pace.
Today will also be my longest run to date wearing my Newton Energy's.  I feel like I have been transitioning into them rather well.  I do seem to notice the lugs more on the left foot than the right and I am not sure if that means anything or not.  I would like to hear opinions on this shoe if anyone has anything to offer up.  I am coming into these from the Mizuno Wave Precision 13.  I have loved the Precision 13!!!!
 I seem to not get more than 300 miles out of any running shoe. For the woman in me this is a good thing because I get to get new shoes more often.  For my bank account this is not such a good thing!!  My clue to needing new shoes is when I start noticing IT Band issues.  I am really hoping the Newton's will help train me to be a midfoot striker and hopefully this will decrease the ITBS flare ups.  In the mean time it is me and the foam roller.  

Takes on Newton Energy?

Takes on Mizuno Precision 13?

ITBS remedies?

No comments:

Post a Comment