Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Blogging My Way to the Marine Corp Marathon 2014

I have really enjoyed writing the post I have done this far on my blog but, I have been pondering on ways to become more consistent with posting. After a little thought, I have decided to blog my training schedule and how my workouts go leading up to the 2014 Marine Corp Marathon.  I am hoping that this will lead me to establish new friendships and hopefully meet up with others that are doing the MCM. 
I have decided that I am going to take the next few months to work on my speed. I have let that area suffer in the past year because I have focused more on distance. 
I used a local 5k this past Saturday as my starting VDOT test. I actually was pleased with my time and pleased with the fact that I finished first female. My official time was 25:38. Not a PR for me but, it was satisfactory.  Seeing my boys waiting on me at the finish line made me suddenly forget that I felt like I was going to vomit and pass out at the same time. 
Here are a few other pics from the race:
My friend Winter was on my heels and finished first in her age group. There is nothing wrong with a little friendly competition right 😁😉
Not only did I get a trophy but, there was a cash prize involved that I was unaware of too 💰💵🏆. 
Sunday, was a long run and my friend Nikki joined me. We did a slow 10 miles on rolling terrain. 
Monday, Nikki joined me again for a 30 minute recovery run with some strides at the end. Let me just say, my legs were spent after this.  
Tuesday, I did about 30 minute of strength training, mainly focusing in the upper body and core. 
I have also met with a Registered Dietician regarding diet.  I have a broad knowledge of health and healthy choices but, am lacking the understanding I eating like an athlete. This subject could be a post of its own so, I will save the details for later. 
Well, again I am really looking forward to getting acquainted with other runners like me and other runners who are doing the 2014 Marine Corp Marathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment