Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Yearly Spring Cold.....please leave now!

I have twice a year that I always seem to get some sort of respiratory bug. It always seems to be late April / early May and again in mid September. This has been a ritual for as long as I can remember. I started feeling achy after last Saturdays 5k. I knew it was a sick ache as soon as it came on. By Saturday night it was fever and chills. I did that for roughly 3 days and now it seems to have settled in my chest and I have a very annoying cough. I am pretty sure most of my lungs have been coughed up by now. Where does all of the mucus come from?  I feel like I have the death rattle when I breath. Sorry, if this is tmi but, I am a nurse and it takes a lot to be tmi for me. 
So, needless to say, I have not been able to breath well enough to get much of any kind of workout done. Monday, I did a little strength training, Tuesday I did a very slow 3 miles with 8 sets of strides at the end, Wednesday I did nothing, and today I did 20 minutes of hills.  I have another 5 k planned for this weekend and am keeping my fingers crossed that I can turn out at least a descent time. 
Overall, I am happy to say that I have done at least a little bit of working out through this misery. 
On another note, how about Mebs win in Boston?!?!?! I am really glad he won. I enjoy following him and Ryan Hall.  Those sketchers that Meb wear are awesome by the way. I got a pair back around Christmas and they are up there in my top 2 favorite running shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment