Sunday, December 8, 2013

Jingle Jam 10k Recap

Yesterday, a friend of mine and myself ran the Jingle Jam 10k in Evans, GA. My friend has caught the running bug and I  am so excited for her. She ran her first 5k not even a month ago and contacted me minutes after she was done saying she wanted to go farther. She had already done several training runs that were 4-5 miles so, I told her I would find a 10k that we could do together.  Her first race was not officially timed and she wanted to to something more "official".  After a little searching of upcoming 10k's nearby I came across the Jingle Jam 10k and we signed up. 
Based on her fasted 5k I figured she could do a 10k in about 58-59 minutes. She finished in just a little over 58 minutes. Pretty awesome for a first timer! 
I ran beside her until the last .2 so we could encourage each other.  My finish time was 57:16.  No negative splits for us but, that's ok (this time). 
This race was the most well put together run I have done to date. They really did it up big time including a race expo the day before. The only draw back I had was the fact of no race day packet pick up. This made it a little inconvenient and added extra expense to us out of towners who didn't have any local connections to pick up packets for us.  The course was USTAF certified and was definitely challenging with lots of hills. The highlight for me were the FREE post race massages offered. I would run this race again just for the massage.  I also enjoyed seeing the runners in their Christmas race costumes.  This is most definitely a race I will do again in years to come.
Pre-Race
Post-Race
Massages

This review is my opinion only. 

Have any of you ran or are running any Christmas themed races? 

No comments:

Post a Comment