Sunday, July 20, 2014

Marathon Training Week 2

Week 2 of Marine Corp Marathon training is in the books.  For now I am going with one of the run keeper plans but adjusting the days to what fits my life.
Monday:  I had about 30 minutes to spend on strength training, so I focused on arms.
Tuesday:  Speed (or at least speed for me) 1 mi warm up then 2 x 1 mile at 8:47 with 2 minute recoveries and then a half mile cool down.
Wednesday: Was just a slow steady 4 miles with my friend Nikki. It was a nice evening and we had a beautiful view of the sunset.
When we run together we have a route that takes us by Healing Springs usually at least once. Here is a picture of the springs.
The water from here is said to have healing powers. I sure has healed me from near heat exhaustion on several occasions this summer.
Thursday:  Strength training.  I did a few video's from the Pop Sugar app.  I have been hearing about the bar workouts and gave one of those a try.  It was a 10 minute workout that had me sweating and my legs shaking at the end.  Next, I did a 10 minute strength video and added in some of my own strength training exercises, and finished with a 5 minute ab workout.  I probably spent a total of 45 minutes strength training
Friday:  Rest
Saturday:  I only had time to get in 2 miles of running on the treadmill before I had to get ready for work.  I took a break at work later in the afternoon and got another 2 miles in.  I was also able to squeeze in the Pop Sugar video's again.  So, I had a total of 4 miles running and 25 minutes strength training.
Sunday:  Long run at slow steady pace for a total of 10 miles.
I saw this gal on last weeks long run and I thought she deserved to be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment